Often Easter means school holidays for your kids. If you want to get creative and do some home crafting with your kids, here are some ideas to use those empty egg cartons and turn them into a bunny, rooster or caterpillar.
- Cardboard egg cartons
- A pen, marker or paint
- Craft supplies (cotton wool, pipe cleaners, etc)
- Your imagination
For the Bunny:
- Step 1 Find the egg carton you’d like to use. Cut out the cups only, you can make as many bunnies as you have cups
- Step 2 Turn it upside down and draw the bunny face using the pens, markers or paint
- Step 3 Cut out long ears from the top of the egg carton, draw the ears (or stick cotton wool on like I did!) and glue them at the back on the cup
- Step 4 Cut out feet from the top of the egg carton and glue them to the front of the cup
- Step 5 Give your bunny a fluffy tail using cotton wool
This cute little bunny was so easy and fun to make.
For the Hens and Caterpillar:
I found these fabulous Easter holiday crafts on Krokotak.com – a fabulous resource for fun creative and educational activities, printables, party ideas, recipes and more. Your kids will never be able to say “Mum, I’m boooooored” on school holidays ever again!
- Step 1 Visit Krokotak.com and choose some fun Easter projects. I particularly like these clucky hens and this cool caterpillar
- Step 2 Create and decorate your Easter animals out of egg cartons and craft supplies
- Step 3 Give your Easter animal friends a name
And you’re done! What adventures will your bunny, hens and caterpillars get up to?
Share snaps of your new friends on our Facebook page.