This week, self-confessed food geek, Celina Tan shares her secret recipe for the best Chilli Peppers Marmalade. If you follow Celina on Instagram you will have seen her marmalade make an appearance or two (if not, check out @celinas_celina). Now you can try it for yourself, with this seriously easy recipe.
Celina Tan’s Chilli Peppers Marmalade
Ingredients – Group A
- 250g red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 130g red chillies (about 9)
- 120g shallots, roughly chopped
- 30g garlic
- 75g ginger, julienned
- 25g galangal, sliced
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, stem removed
Ingredients – Group B
- 1 ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 Thai lime, half of which thinly sliced (skin & all), other half juiced
- Sterilize the screw-top jar and it’s metal lid.
- Puree Group A ingredients to a coarse paste using a food processor.
- Place Group A paste in a saucepan with Group B ingredients.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then boil for 15 minutes or until reduced by a third. It will bubble like jam.
- Spoon the hot Chilli Marmalade into a warm sterilized jar until it’s filled to 3mm from the top. Seal with the screw lid. Once opened, it will store in the fridge for months. (Tip: In Singapore, I tend to prefer storing it in the fridge even if I haven’t opened it)
A banking professional morphed into a cook, a recipe developer, a party host and event organizer. She enjoys getting creative in the kitchen and truly believes that Delicious can be easy! Her latest project is a movement to bring entertaining back home with fun and interesting party ideas.